Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Creature of the Forest: Children's Story. Drawn the boy

It was October. The dark clouds raced around the sky, loud booms and bright clashes illuminated the trees. Their branches shone a bright red as though they were on fire. Beneath a large oak tree, a young boy sat crying. His tears mixed and made friends with the raindrops that pitter-pattered from the wet blazing leaves.
.
Why are you crying? Echoed a voice from deep within the darkness
.
Who’s there? The boy trembled and gripped his scarf and coat tightly around him
.
Why are you upset? The voice bellowed
.
Where are you? The boy shouted in fear
.
The sky lite up
Crash
Blaze
.
Why do you not answer me? The unknown voice asked in anger
I am not here to scare you, I am trying to help
.
But I cannot see you
.
Of course you can see me. I am what turns the sky from the dark grey to the bright light of day
.
Boom
Craze
Blaze
.
See? Echoed the voice throughout the forest
.
Suddenly a small creature approached the young boy.
You are lost, and I am lighting up the forest so you can get home. My raindrops told me that your tears were afraid, but you are not alone here.
.
Who are you?
I am the lightning
But you are so small!
So you have nothing to be afraid of then. Do not fear the dark, for I am by you, and I will light up your fears to show you that nothing is there.
The young boy got up from the pile of leaves he was hiding in, he took the mysterious creature’s hand they travelled the winding paths of the forest
.
The clouds slowed down, and turned to a shade of pale cream
.
The creature turned to the boy
I am tired now, I must rest, I have been lighting the way and feeding the forest all night, now I must bid you farewell and wish you good luck on your way
.
Thank you so much! Exclaimed the young boy! There’s my car! My mum! Goodbye! Thank you!
.
The creature smiled and a glittery smoke blurred him from sight. The sky was calm. The birds flew from the trees and filled the sky with laughter and song
.
Wherever have you been? We were so worried! A young woman embraced the boy. He smiled. He was home.
.
The birds continued to invade the blue and white, but every now and then a sparkle would race around the boy. He knew that he was forever safe.

3 comments:

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...