Coucou :-).
Ok well today has been totally successful! I have not eaten a sole thing, have however drunk literally liters of diet coke... but oh well something's got to give, right?
.
The most obvious thing hit me yesterday evening. I went to cinéma au clair de lune, place des vosges and Ally brought another Ally along who will be in basically all, bar one, of my modules next year. And I realised. I am scared shitless. Totally. She is pretty, she has spent the year abroad (a luxury that I have not been permitted, thank you médecin) and is thus no doubt way better than me at both French and Russian, and more generally, I am going to be the worst, I am going to be an outsider for a few weeks while everyone catches up with their friends that they haven't seen, talk about what they have done, intimidat me with their accents and astound me with their vocab and fluency. And there I will be alone, in the corner, useless...
The most obvious thing hit me yesterday evening. I went to cinéma au clair de lune, place des vosges and Ally brought another Ally along who will be in basically all, bar one, of my modules next year. And I realised. I am scared shitless. Totally. She is pretty, she has spent the year abroad (a luxury that I have not been permitted, thank you médecin) and is thus no doubt way better than me at both French and Russian, and more generally, I am going to be the worst, I am going to be an outsider for a few weeks while everyone catches up with their friends that they haven't seen, talk about what they have done, intimidat me with their accents and astound me with their vocab and fluency. And there I will be alone, in the corner, useless...
.
But I am determined I will at least NOT be fat and wanting to rip my skin off at every given second of the day. No, no.
But I am determined I will at least NOT be fat and wanting to rip my skin off at every given second of the day. No, no.
.
Hope everyone had a good day - I have finally got around to revising Croatian... makes me head H-U-R-T!!
Well done on the fast! I may join you tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it. Keep strong x