Monday, 7 September 2009

2 UH-MAY-ZING things...

Sorry, mass postage going on today... but I just realised 2 things that I thought needed sharing because I am in a state of excitement but alas cannot scream either out to the WORLD so I am going to scream it out on here...
  1. I have 20 FOLLOWERS. How?! I am not this interesting, I swear. But I am flattered. And I thank Lily, my first follower, and I thank Isabella and Anise for forming the three fishy musketeers avec moi (which reminds me, I notice both your pages have fish on them... I need to sort this petite anomaly out!! If ONLY I could work out how to manipulate HTML and change the background... but alas (I am feeling the rather old-fashioned writing style today) I know not the means to accomplish this tumultuous task of coded lettering and WHERE, oh where dare I ask, DO I PASTE THIS ENIGMA?! OH deary me - *tangent*! AND AND AND (I feel the need to stress this AND) I thank each and everyone of you who have taken time to read one or more of my posts... even should you find them ludicrous and deadly boring. OR AS THE FRENCH WOULD SAY: assommant.
  2. I feel like leaving a line, but realise that this means 2 takes the place of 3... I feel un peu de décalage is taking place... I also feel 3 hours of Russian vocab has shortened terribly the oxygen supply to my brain, thus compelling me to write what one may denote as... 'gobbeldygoo'. ANYhooLAHOOPIESadoopies... 2) in the place of 3) (You number stealer, you) (Oh LORD I need to go on a walk or SOMETHING) ALAS ENFIN 2) By looking in KG my weight as 52... thus 115kg... I HAD NOT REALISED THAT SHOULD I HOLD THE FAST UNTIL THURSDAY I SHOULD POTENTIALLY BE 8 STONE... WHICH MEANS... (Sorry I am EXCITED) (Can you tell? You cant? I cant make it anymore obvious, sorry) THAT A POUND LESS AND WE SHALL (By we, I mean my body, margot, lucy, ACADEMIC and SKINNY HEAD, My yellow eyes Clementine and I) REACH THE 7'S... One step closer to THE 6's... OOOOH this is becoming ATTAINABLE. WOW. GOLLY. I need to stop now... Look at this ramble. It is rambuliciously rambled to the point of ramling to the point of no rambilociousityious return.

STOP STOP STOP GET OUT OUT OUT OXYGEN. BREATH. AND calm...

6 comments:

  1. YES! LOVE LOVE LOVE you immensely!

    1) you ARE that interesting. at least to me. i can't speak for 18 other people but i know isabella thinks so toooo.

    3) you are on your happy bunny way! yes!!

    3.5) ramble forever. love rambles. love them.

    i am in a lovey mood today. or lovely? both? everyone (blog-wise because i don't relate to real world people anymore) is making me very happy today. yes! why are we all SO SO far apart? WHY? EEEEEEEEEEeeeeEEeEeEEE!! WHY do i have NO money to travel??? why do my life plans not include studying in other countries?!? i need to work this shit out. NOW. i am so BORED by the clump-clump-clump-shuffle of things i am learning vs. the zip-fast-whoosh-flurry-zoom of time as it slips past me in the night. i need to be taking French IV NOW. stop teaching me "quel est votre numero de telephone?" when CLEARLY i should be learning it in the passive periphrastic! SERIOUSLY. GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!

    so we are sharing manias at this hour of the day although it is different times for us and different manias. eeep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did i tell you to post many many many many times a day? please? please? as i mentioned earlier i cannot not be on blogger for more than four minutes at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, one of my favorites and I would follow it if I didn't love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BWAHAHAHAHA! this is in response to your comment to me as of like 3 minutes ago. you make me laugh! let me answer some questions in no particular order:

    2. my relationship with california is complex and needs a LOT of explanation. northern california is fine. i love it. very good place. southern california is in a nutshell: sun-bleached, thinks the world revolves around it, made of concrete, dirty, smelly, depressing, air-headed, vapid, having a thrum of a nasty drive of success (as in, i will step on people to get there), full of cranky out-of-work-and-not-successful-yet actors, everyone wears makeup and has fake boobs and other plastic surgeries and is thin thin thin and no one is real except immigrants who don't speak english so i can't speak to them anyway because I KNOW NO LANGUAGES YET and everything is in this terrible southwest adobe stucco style and girls wear uggs with miniskirts in the 90-degree (umm like 32-C) heat and complain when it gets down to 60 and everyone is always going on about how freaking gorgeous the weather is and i find it frankly BORING because it is always sunny and hothothot and no clouds and i miss rain! and snow! and storms and thunder and lightning and it's so dry here that my skin is aging prematurely which is TERRIFYING and i'm always itchy and i just feel so EXPOSED here.

    and that's the just the tip of the iceberg, my friend. don't get me started. that being said there are some good things in this city. i just don't want to live here. ever again.

    so why, oh silly anise, do you live there, i can hear you asking. LONG convoluted confluence of events, is the answer. aforementioned boyfriend of four + years naturally went out to said city to focus on Acting while anise totted off to college in boston (o beloved city! [in the vocative!]) and then slowly continued transferring schools to slowly get closer to said BF until finally settling upon a school just outside the city that she liked. (why am i talking in third person?) so after subsequent nasty breakup and graduation from this particular college, it seemed like a hopskipandajump to move to said city and make a go of it. (SHH there were also thoughts of reuniting with same BF which have since gone through major quashage). now i can get cheapcheap education in california which is what i want since i am already $34,000 in debt and will STILL have to pay for vet school on top of that. byebye dreams of being millionaire!

    1. more more more more books! here is an inexhaustive list (in no particular order):
    -Natural Novel by Georgi Gospodinov
    -Landscape Painted with Tea by Milorad Pavic
    -actually all books by Pavic (he is serbo-croatian, maybe you can read in the original???? SERIOUS dream of mine)
    -nearly all Calvino (i am reading them one at a time slowly to spread out the joy)
    -Cosmos by Witold Gombrowicz (polish writer, little translated, but amazing amazing writer. cosmos has to do with space and time and coincidences in a delicious way)
    -i don't know how you feel about fantasy but i am a giant fan of J.R.R Tolkien and C.S. Lewis' Out of This Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength
    -The Rings of Saturn and other books by W.G. Sebald (he writes what is called discursive writing, in which your brain is essentially SUPPOSED to wander as you read. i can only read a few pages before this happens, but i find that the quality of my thoughts while wandering is wonderful and i usually find myself abandoning reading and turning to writing at that point. not a book to read cover-to-cover but one to read when you want to wander mentally to new places)

    to be continued because there's not enough room in comment box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. continuing...

    -The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien (THE vietnam war story. THE ONE AND ONLY. i hate war books but this is A-MAY-ZING. his writing is beautiful and it makes me understand(-ish) the war. beautiful book.)
    -Road-Side Dog by Czestlaw Milosz
    -Ghost Town by Robert Coover. also Briar Rose by him also. probably the best modern experimental american writer out there now.
    -House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (really really amazing crazy crazy book and it's best to read it in like a week straight, but also has the ability to make you severely depressed for that time, so be ware! make sure you are mentally stable before delving in)
    -The Hanged Man by Francesca Lia Block (children's book. you will ADORE this. she is the only person who can make LA beautiful to me. this book as some ED stuff in it a bit so very inspiring. also read I Was a Teenage Fairy by same author.
    -The Unbearable Lightness of Being, and Identity, and Slowness by Milan Kundera. I'll be surprised if you hadn't read these... i think he write in French so read the original!
    -all the russians, of course! I lovelovelove Brothers K and The Idiot and Crime & Punishment and Pushkin. Not a big fan of Tolstoy per se.
    -Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins (classic american semi-experimental, very entertaining)
    -I am hoping you get some sort of american literature education over there: Faulkner, Virginia Woolf, Hemingway, also Flannery O'Connor (short stories), Raymond Carver (short stories only)
    -Finnegans Wake by James Joyce (obviously this takes a lifetime to read...i did it in one semester for a class and LOVED it but didn't get half enough out of it of course)
    -One Hundred Years of Solitude and more importantly, Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
    -if you haven't read all of Sherlock Holmes, go do it! wonderful
    -everything by P.G. Wodehouse. delightful and hilarious and really nice word-play!
    -and if you haven't read Harry Potter yet just go do it because i really love them. she's actually a great writer and it's nice to get lost in her books for a few weeks.
    -also as far as non-fiction goes, have you read Steven Pinker? The Language Instinct is a great book.

    OKAY! let me know when you get through those (aka in like 10 years!) and i'll have more to give you by then! those are the best and brightest from my bookshelf. i don't know what you like to read so i just gave you everything.

    4. revival of the -age! i will assist you in this. oh! i just thought of another one: blockage. yes!

    love, the fishes who are happy when people ask for book recommendations because they get to look lovingly through their bookshelves for the umpteenth time and are even happier when they find people who are reading what they are also reading because the fishes have some unique tastes and most people are like, HUH?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish upon WISH, hope against HOPE and pray x 238573458273602387602936720396873 that SOMEDAY, SOMEDAY, (MAYBE) I will be able to write comments as long as the fishy girl above me... One day.

    That is my goal.

    And.

    You know what?

    You're absolutely, 100% CRAZY! Hmmmmmbaboom.... maybe I can't really say that, maybe I should look in the mirror.

    BUTILOVETHAT!

    LOOOOOVER, the fishes gobbling your posts like they are fish food, or pond weed (bleughhh(but they like that gunk, so, I won't show open contempt for their chosen diet)).

    ReplyDelete

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...