ANISE I LOVE YOU.
.
I fail because I am worried about passing out and get dizzy due to low sugar... SO Fruit juice and calories and NO EXCUSES. BRILL. And something I have never done before - THUS I HAVE NEVER FAILED BEFORE- Which means (trust I know this from my dumb brain) that I am less likely to brake it (Like this no chocolate thing 0 not a sole drop of even the lightest hot chocolate for over a month and counting)
.
I love this idea. The only problem I had with it in the first place is not losing enough weight... Then I realise... lets look at this logically: I am not losing weight because YES I fast, THEN I BINGE. SO get a GRIP and try the DAMN thing. But 2 weeks. Because when I start something I prefer not to see the end for a while to get into the swing of it and get used to everything.
.
One rule: No large arse milkshakes that have 700 cals called 'Yoop!'. (Smaller smoothies in moderation)
.
I just JUST sent an email to my head of Russian... reading:
.
Hello!
.
Sorry to bother you in the Summer Holiday... again... this time I have a question - regarding MAs and further study.
.
I was really interested in looking into doing a Masters at Durham in Russian, firstly because I am not quite ready to give up studying and also as I realised how much I actually enjoyed Soviet Cinema and Reading Russian Literature- despite the challenge I faced with them at the time! (In my defence, I managed to get a first in them both in the end. To my GREAT surprise) Basically, I wondered if it were possible to do an MA with you (with the possibility of going to the next stage afterwards), or whoever best fit according to you my area of interest, and if I stood an actual chance of getting in? I know I am a ditzy girl that wears outrageous pink coats, but I do really enjoy studying and hope that it can play some role in my future career.
.
I don't know how specific it would have to be but the two things that I seem to have struck a particular liking to are...
.
Brief Encounters - Muratova and more generally the New Wave in Russian cinema
.
and also Dostoevsky's lesser known short texts - such as Gentle Creature.
.
I will leave it there for the moment, and I know I am asking fairly early... but I wanted to get my next year options sorted!!
.
Best,
Amanda
.
.
.
Now I know him fairly well, he knows about the Ed and the Self-harm and the Anti-depressents and all, so I can be informal with him...
.
NOW I WANT AN ANSWER!! I AM EXCITED!
.
I want both: maybe this is a good balance? x
Tuesday, 8 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations! I'm very happy you're starting a juice fast, I'll be cheering you on the whole time! And if Anise juice fasts with you, I'll be cheering both of you on!
ReplyDeletei do not like coats every winter i dont give in till i really really have to however this year im colder funnily enough so i need a winter coat outrageous pink coat is sounding like the way to go
ReplyDeletegood luck with the juicefast and 700cals for a milkshake wtf unacceptable anytime ever should be illegal!
x
yes yes yes i LOVE LOVE your letter! if he doesn't agree then he's a cold-hearted man. i agree, it's nice to have a bit of future settled out so you don't have to worry about it.
ReplyDeletejuice fast, woooo!!! i am so excited for your juice fast!
haha weirdly enough i have little to say right now. maybe because my brain has been full of french for the last hour. Qu'est-ce que c'est? C'est une POUBELLE. (with my brain in it.)
lots of love from fishes who will obviously have WAY more words for you later on :D
YES!! angel status! YES! really i am no angel but i am glad we found each other :D
ReplyDeletei had to look up apterous but once i did i LOVED the quote. loveAGE. i am having lots of fun comparing the french and english. yes!
did i mention that you are a ROCKSTAR?
did i mention that i am (what is the word for "now" but that also implies "have always been"?) dying to move to the UK? hmm. i need to try to work this out. hmm. expatriate? i think of Hemingway and Gertrude Stein and how oh-so-lovely it all sounds. maybe three, four years? i am working out with Hanz plans to go to vet school/start a practice in wales so i can learn welsh. giant hmmmm. working on it!!!
i hope your juice fast is going well!! tell me ALL about it!
love the fishes who are magnetized to blogger even though they have very little to say and should be studying their french vocabulary and pronunciation