I seem to attract bizarre happenings here in Paris. I must say, when I woke up and wrote the last post, I had already woken up several times - the first in my clothes, as I fell asleep randomally whilst laying in bed - this was 9pm. I woke up, weighed myself and saw 52kg. I should never do this as somehow instead of thinking, oh yeah I am finally getting there, I think, oh yes, this means I can eat.
.
WRONG BRAIN WRONG BRAIN WRONG. WRONG!!!!! Just. NO. OK, got that brain? GOT IT?!
.
So anyhow at 9.30 I could not really take the headache and stomach pains so I thought ok, really need to study today, lets go get some food. Now it was credit card, which meant I had to spend a minimum... but I did ok, I got *ahem* SHHH baguette, dried mini pack of apricots, the DARN tasty soya orange bics, and a diet coke. Well I soon found out that the headache was officially the lack of diet coke in my body. Which tells me I am actually an addict. I usually drink it all the time, but I really dont have much money, and used the last 5 euros on my card this morning... so it took a slight back seat and I said it is ok. I don't need diet coke to fuction. HOW I WAS MISTAKEN. This happened when the doctor told me to stop drinking any form of caffeine, to see if my weird chest things were related. They wernt, they still happened 2 weeks off of coke goodness.. but I was shattered and unable to do anything... so I should have realised sooner.
.
ANYhooo I have tangented.
.
So I bought those foods and sat down next to Les Halles and started to munch them. A stranger approaches and in French asks me for directions to St. Germain. I give them to him. He doesn't leave. He sits down next to me. I am not someone who can say, look I haven't really eaten in 24hours could you just sort of leave me in peace to eat like a pig because I do not enjoy people watching me eat, and I feel like I am being a failure giving in and eating anyway (OH THE SHAME)... and the first thing he says to me is...
.
Ahhh, baguette, those who take not pleasure in food and drink, take pleasure in nothing.
.
That shot me like a bullet.
.
I give him baguette, seeing it as a good excuse to releave myself of some of the forbidden food. So eat 210gs of it not 250g. Yet he does not get the hint and leave after I say I best go learn Russian. And I cant make it anymore obvious.
.
3 hours later I am free.
.
I have now eaten all the food I have bought and consumed thus 1970kcals. I now have no means of eating until my mums parcel arrives with my normal card in it - around thursday. So I am not so bothered about this. Plus, whilst technically being a binge, it was under 2000kcal so hopefully I won't put on weight.
Ahhhh, Diet Coke, Diet Coke. Wherefore art thou, Diet Coke? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet...
ReplyDeleteEnough Shakespeare!
AND! The AUDACITY of that man! How DARE he?! Next time I see him, I shall slap him. I sWEAR I will.
AND! No food until Thursday? Correcto? Vell, ees zis a goot sink, or a bad sink? Because I probably could not have.
And you probably von't put on veight. And so, everysink vill be fine!
Je t'aime! oh la laaaa!
Au revoir, bonne voyage, bonne nuit, arrivederci (or however that is spelled)
Love, the fishes who have spent all night helping me write flashcards for endless lists of french vocabulary!
P.S I've put them to work on an international teleportation device. They're incredibly bright, you know!
ummm i really am not sure how to follow Isabella's comment because she said it all! she cracks me up. i cannot believe that guy. i also cannot believe that you gave up the baguette! more willpower than i've got. i would've been clinging to it and clutching it to my chest like, well, all the similes i can think of here are really lame. so make up your own, ok?
ReplyDeletehow exciting about your external-force 3-day fast!
jeez words are actually taking a nice little Labor Day vacation from my brain (do you have Labor Day over there? i don't know what it's actually for but we get the first lundi in septembre off which is tres exciting!) so probably i will add more comments later because i can no longer seem to spend more than four minutes off the computer before i go rushing back to see if anyone's commented on my/i can comment on anyone's blog. bluh!
love from the retarded fishes this morning who wish they were running because it's nice and cool and cloudy but they haven't got legs so first they have to work out a new revolutionary technological ambulatory system!
Wow, you gave up the baguette? That takes strength if its something you love. Good job!
ReplyDelete