Thursday, 10 September 2009

Day One JF: 16:37

erm... what is wrong with me... why did I not try this before?
O Amanda, Amanda, but you are better than Juice. You need nothing and you will fly.
EE-UXXX WRONG.
This is positivly awesome. Ok so I may have drunk 4 glases I think (3 or 4, I can't rememeber) of juice already (I think it was four. Yep. 2 Clementine, 2 Banana puree based nectar yum yum goodness) and 2 glasses of Diet Coke and a lot of Water... but who cares?! I haven't broken the rules. My rules of a max of 5 glasses of fruit juice a day. THIS IS AMAZING. I don't even want food. Fruit juice is too damn yum to want carbs.
.
Oh please please please let me lose weight.
.
Oh and I am working! Actually working. This is awesome!
.
And I got a reply about the MA and it said...
.
Dear Amanda,
.
The Masters here, as you probably know, is a 'Masters by Research', which requires an extended dissertation on an 'original' topic. The key really is to find a topic that meets that brief, is neither to big or too small, and, of course, is something you will be motivated to work on throughout the year.
.
Let me have a think about potential topics and we can have a chat one the academic year is underway. As far as the formal side of things goes (applications, bursaries, etc.), there is plenty of time at this stage.
.
Best,
.
Alastair
.
Er... Really hope he never find this site and sees me posting emails on it... oh well.. I am from Antartica, wink, got it, wink wink.
.
The reply is far more "I am a serious Academic" than my question, but it doesn't seem overly negative, does it? I hope not. He is one ace Scottish-speaking-'Batman-is-related-to-Russian-Literature'-speech-giving man.
.
Back to work.
.
Anise: Qu'est-ce... - QUE - What, est-ce = c'est = être, to be - je suis, tu es, il est, nous sommes, vous êtes, ils sont. qu'est = que + vowel = qu'. x x x x
.
Love from the fruit juice loving fishes

4 comments:

  1. OH OH OH OH OH ! thank you re: french enlightenment! yes yes yes. happy now.

    the letter from Alastair (which, i'm sorry, when i hear that name all i can think of is the amazing character on As Time Goes By, the show on BBC that starred Judi Dench which i love oh so much) sounds like he has already (at least mentally) accepted you for the master's program! "Let me think about potential topics" and giving you advice in the first paragraph on what the master's is about.
    you are absolutely in. yes!! yes!!

    yes! juice fast! i am in for two days and i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. don't worry if you go over 5 glasses a day! or if you need to "break" and have already had 5 glasses, then drink MORE juice! that is a great way to break the fast without really breaking it. no food! you will still lose weight. you will still be thin and free and light and floaty.

    LOVE the fishes who live in a kind of juice and so love juice fasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I limited myself to 3 glasses a day (B, L, D). But if I got so hungry I couldn't stand it, juice was the way to go. Its true, you won't technically be breaking your fast and if it'll keep you from eating, go for it! I'm really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried using juice to get rid of hunger before... I think I will now.
    Good luck with your fast xx

    ReplyDelete

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...