Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Anise: if you want to see some Russian...

Аманда, значит ты в Хорватии не была? Ну конечно я не сержусь, малыш! Когда у тебя началась болезнь, почему ты сразу не пошла к доктору,ты же почуствовала что еда у тебя не усваивается? При анерексии твой первый друг - это доктор, обязательно серьезно лечись, у тебя все жизнь впереди: семья, дети! Значит весной увидимся! Ты сейчас на учебе в университете или дома?Кристина, Денис и Артур передают привет? Артур, спрашивает когда приедет МОЯ АМАНДА! Целую Юля.
Amanda, does that mean you wern't in Croatia? Of course I wasn't angry, silly! When did your illness start (Russia doesn't really get Ednos, so I had to promote myself to anorexic for this - in hope I guess I will get to a bmi of 0), why didn't you go straight to the doctors, (this next bit I don't totally understand the meaning of...) did you feel that food wasn't being assimilated? (see... that is a BAD translation) With Anorexia, you first friend is the doctor (PHAW!), it is necessary to take recovery seriously... you have your whole life ahead of you: family, children! So this means we will see each other in spring! Are you studying at Uni now or at home? Christina, Denis, and Arthur say hello. Arthur (4yr old boy) keeps asking when is MY AMANDA coming back! Kisses, Jula
Remember the 3 weeks in Russia I spent at Easter? It was in Jula's house... being fed up (not mood wise, but food wise) on 3 meals plus a day and FAR too may slices of Pizza. Hopefully this little outburst of mine that was necessary because I had A LOT of explaining as to why I had forgotten her email for over 2 months... will mean that when I see her again I wont be stuffed with food 24/7...
Anyhow... a bit of Russia for you there! x

1 comment:

  1. YES! thank you thank you!! i am going to have a good look at it later today or tonight. i am hoping/thinking/considering/DEMANDING to take Russian next semester, so we will see if that is possible.

    i actually really like the translation of food being assimilated - i feel often like food does not belong in my body and does not assimilate well. so bad translation is good for metaphors, yes?

    two things i need to know about French:

    whatever those verbs are called (i forget now) that in English are followed by the infinitive, i.e.:
    i CAN/AM ABLE run
    i WANT to run
    are they conjugated normally and followed by the infinitive in French also? this is the case in Latin so i would guess it's true in French, but must know!!

    hmm there was another thing i needed to know...what was it...hmm. well i will have to get back to you on that one.

    LOVE the fishes who are going to write Daddy a very surprising email in French, which will be very surprising because he does not know i'm taking French right now! Bwahahahha! i will explain my reasonings for this later...

    ReplyDelete

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...