Friday, 11 September 2009

Possible MASS Revelation!

Ok... sooo this party with no food... covered in food. Not even funny food. Skittles, pasta, pizza, crisps... that doesnt seem like no food, does it? BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT... I didn't eat anything BUT I drank a HELL of a lot of orange juice to stop temptation - so much so that it would have probably made momre calorie sense to eat. BUT It is ok, right? I survived the temptation and then tomorrow if I drink a bit less, it will be ok right? Plus I walked there and my legs died... which brings me to my revelation.
.
So every step I take I get horrific either toe of leg cramp. Here is one thing you should know: reason I cant go abroad: Totally fucked up electrolyte balance = fits. = crazy salt. Now I know cramp is a lack of salt a lot of the time. What is there not in fruit? Thank you. What is there in the ONLY TWO ITEMS I CRAVE - BREAD AND CRISPS... I thank you. In Durham my WEAKNESS is cheese and onion walkers baked crisps. Here it is bread. Neither have a great taste. Could it be that my body only craves them for the salt? What juice has salt in it!? Carrot? Is that even yum? Tomato? Is that not worse?
.
Still 52kg at night after cups and cups full of orange. So this isn't too bad! YES. Day two, officially SURVIVED. Despite H-U-G-E intake of juice and many bathroom trips.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, you did well!! You should be proud :) Who cares about the amount of juice? You know that's the only day you're going to go crazy with the stuff AND you said you'd drink only juice and that's what you did! xx

    And I am SO with you on the leg cramps. I always get them when *something* is deficient. I had one the other night, but fortunately have been fine since. Truly the most horrific way to wake up. I'm not sure on what your solution should be though...Carrot juice is yummy, but I'm not sure if it contains salt. I've never tried tomato so I can't weigh in on it, the colour scares me. Maybe if you got the original flavour of the V8 Veggie Juice? I was looking at them the other day and they contain some salt. Or... you could just do what I've been thinking about and dissolve a few grains on your tongue. Maybe pure unadulterated salt taste will help with the cravings? This theory could be crazy though, so take it with a grain of (teehee) salt.

    Love nona, who is slowly sipping her multi-v banana and mango as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Ma Biche, are the single most amazing entity in the whole entire galactic spacial system. That's including all the aliens and humans and animals and single-celled organisms which I have yet to eat.

    Sorry. I actually have no idea what I was thinking just then! I TOTALLY meant to say MEET!

    The salt thing is actually quite a good theory. and probably you should drink meat juice. (ie Blood) it has protein AND salt! And you'll be feeling fresher and more vampirical than EVER!

    Much love, fishes with fuzzy black dreads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap, how to follow isabella's comment?? i mean, really? she is amazing. so i will just be straightforward and boring for now.

    V8 is the way to go. it is AMAZINGLY delicious and has many many salts! there is the low sodium version and the regular (read: high sodium version) version and they are YUM! they are best super-cold and in a can (i don't know, for some reason it's better from the can than a plastic bottle. if you've never had them before they are a bit daunting at first--so get the little cans and literally just chug chug chug. in a few days you will grow to like the taste and then LOVE it and be sipping it everywhere! only 70 calories per can! and i personally feel WAY stabler after drinking a can - moreso than if i drank 150 cals of juice. not joking. V8 is the way to go. also gatorade or powerade is good for electrolytes - or straight up pedialyte. (though bear in mind that pedialyte goes bad fast so you have to drink it soon after buying it, you can't just leave it in your fridge forever).

    also please consider drinking milk so you can get some proteins which will help you out all around.

    so please please please drink some of the above items! i'm sure your heart flutterings are due to electrolyte imbalances and i want you to be healthy, s'il vous plait! you mean more to me than my close-proximity, flesh-and-blood friends! seriously. i'm sitting at coffee today thinking, why am i here with AR when i could be at home reading Six's blog? so please balance those electrolytes!

    alas, here i am barking orders at you! mais non!

    JESUS CHRIST i totally FORGOT to CONGRATULATE you on NOT EATING ONE THING at totally deceiving and sprung-upon you food party!!!

    YES!!

    CONGRATULATIONS! stronger girls have quailed in similar situations!! i almost lost it today in the grocery store, for instance, and that was a pre-planned trip!

    YOU ARE AMAZING AND STRONG AND ALL AROUND HEROIC.

    and it doesn't matter how much OJ you drank because the pounds will still come off. i really think you have to drink like 5000 calories a day to even stay the same weight on a juice fast. and the point is, YOU DIDN'T BREAK THE FAST. !!!!! !! !

    YES!!

    love, little happy juicy fishes who are guzzling V8 and offering some to you!

    ReplyDelete

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...