Sunday, 6 September 2009

*I hear voices*

I love this picture... although YEP it is fairly random
.
Yesterday turned out to be a good day. Lots and lots of walking around Paris - 3 hours I would say. Food screwed up a little lot bit but with my new chill head on I am trying to tell myself that I expect blips especially at the start, because my body is all over the place thinking HEY, EXCUSE ME? Where is my 9am Baguette?! Where WHY are you not going to the Boulangerie? Why????? So, in short, I accept this. Also, despite eating more, I did not have any baguette of bread... which is a mini victory for me. I had 1500kcals... I just tried to have my bics for today and I cannot seem to get myself to eat them... which is bizarre. Because as soon as I let myself eat I dont want to as much. Oh the body. I will never understand.
.
Anise: Croatian has 7 cases - although 2 are almost identical and so seen by some grammar books to merge into one. They are the: Nominative, Accusative, Genitive, Dative, Instrumenal, Prepositional (or locative) and the Vocative.
Russian has 6 cases - all the same, with the exception that it has nolonger a Vocative case, although remenants can be seen in the language when you call to god and so on (Vocative - Voice - Calling) I dont know how much of this you know from you by the way ACE degree... And I dont want to be condescending. BUT ALAS - You like learning by grammar, here is the first grammar step for 2 languages.
.
Today I am meeting Jesse again and walking and watching films. I found out that she used to be bulimic and I was like JESUS (vocative case example) how many people does this thing AFFECT - Way more than statistics let on.
.
Anyhoo I can have those 5 bics Amanda. But if you don't want them, that is fine too.

2 comments:

  1. It must affect a whole lot of people. We have so many body image talks at our school! And I can't help but think, if somebody chooses not to eat for a living, then how is some blind, ex-model in a wheelchair going to stop them?

    Did you have any? And what are cases?

    LOVEYA, love, the buddhist-loving fishes, who are seriously considering converting to Buddhism..................... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD I LOVE LOVE LOVE TO DECLINE NOUNS! is this weird? i LOVE it! Latin is like that. languages are so clean and pretty and without so many extra retarded words like "to" and "from" and "for" and you can write in ANY order. freedom! yummmmmmm i eat declinable languages for lunch. i think that's why i'm (kind of) bored with languages like english and french and german which don't decline. therefore russian sounds YUM! and Croatian!

    tell me about the instrumental and prepositional cases please!

    Latin has (and so i am familiar with): nom, acc, gen, dat and ablative, which is just like a smashing together of everything else, including "with", so "cum rosa" would be "with roses" in the ablative. and also vocative which i love! something beautiful about calling out like that. O gods!

    love, from the fishes who are so excited about languages that they totally forgot to mention that they are very proud of you for accepting little food blips with grace and dignity and not panicking. :D

    ReplyDelete

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...