Thursday, 10 September 2009

Day One of the Juice Fast

Did you know that I will float on air?
You may think AMANDA slow down, this is only day ONE but something amazing has changed. When I got up this morning, I told myself, I am not hungry - how about water? And then I said... no you shall start how you wish to continue - and poured a small glass of clementine juice. For have I this not, I will be cranky at around twelve and wondering how two full weeks of this is possible.
.
So I sip the juice. THIS IS A REVELATION FOR AMANDA. Usually it is glug glug glug glug unter not the smallest drop lies among the glass bottom. The small glass took me 20mins to drink. I was savouring the taste. And I can have another in 4 hours! The joys of the juice fast!
.
Basically: I am already VERY excited about this because I have started it with a different mind-set tuned into le cerveau que j'ai.. et je suis tout-à-fait prête à commencer ce jeu des reines maigres que j'ai envie de gagner avec eux.
.
Bring it on... bring it on.
.
Love from the smiling fishes, with grins stretching from the furthest left to the far right of their little faces.

3 comments:

  1. Huh. I wish I could be doing that juice fast with you. But I can't, because I can't eat acidic foods.

    Thanks so much for your comment. GOLLY, I think it's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in a while. (P.S -can you use a P.S in the middle of a comment? No- I love you in a non-lesbian way aussi!)

    I am so GLADRAD that you are totally pumped for this juice fast! It sounds to me as if this experiment of yours is totally rockin' (for lack of a better word)

    And at twelve, you will maybe be a bit cranky, but also a bit proud! So just be the pretty, sexy proud person. And not the cranky-monster.

    LOVE, the fishes who apparently have oesophagorial thrush in their oesophagorial ulcer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooo

    it is 6:30am here. the clouds are painted pink dollops in a blue sky, the moon still risen...AHH i LOVE sunrises.

    i also love being on a juice fast and sip sip sipping a breakfast glass of juice while reading at my kitchen table. something so simple and gratifying about it. i am glad glad glad you are enjoying! keep it up!

    please please please continue the french lessons! it is keeping me sane! (re: that sentence avec cerveau i was thinkthinking about needing an indefinite article but wasn't sure if it was m. or f. haha, so getting there!) right now we are learning vocab like une armoire et un livre et une journaliste and i know it is only day 5 of my french class but i am BORED to TEARS and i am screaming, GIVE ME GRAMMAR! GIVE ME BUILDING BLOCKS TO PUT TOGETHER SENTENCES! I WANT LANGUAGE, DAMN YOU, NOT A STRING OF WORDS! THIS IS NOT HOW SOMEONE WHO LOVES LANGUAGES LEARNS LANGUAGE! YOU CAN'T JUST SAY "QU-EST-CE QUE C-EST" TO ME AND NOT EXPLAIN THE VARIOUS CONSTITUENT PARTS OF THE PHRASE! I NEED TO CONJUGATE VERBS! IF I CAN'T DECLINE NOUNS I AT LEAST NEED TO CONJUGATE! and then she says we won't be learning tenses until at least French IV and i pretty much start crying.

    anyway, sorry for the rant. PLEASE continue with french lessons :D

    don't worry about my double digits because they are up to triple again today, a whole 1.2lb (aaah!) i blame the bread.

    BAN BREAD! BREAD IS NOT A FOOD ITEM!

    love, the pinkish-hued fishes swimming in their sunrise box of blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super happy for you! I find that with juice, I sip it too. Its my entire breakfast after all! And the slower I drink, I might actually feel very full! I can't wait for the results of your fast!

    ReplyDelete

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...