Sunday, 20 September 2009

Houston, we have a problem

Today's efforts... (not yet finished)
.
Now to the problem.... ahhh the problem. The problem is the antibiotics. So this morning I said that I was feeling sick. Well the sick feeling became unbearable but I held on and didn't eat, it didn't settle all day. At 5 I knew I had to take another 2 tablets... on a 'oh my god I might be sick' stomach. I took them, with diet coke again... waited. Waited. Waited. OH THERE IT WAS... There they were, working at ripping out my insides second by second. I was in public, thiss couldn't last. It was, in an adjective, unbearable. Potentially on a par with being tortured and having your finger plyered off infront of your eyes. So I knew I had to eat. Despite the decleration. In my defense, I reckon given 10 more minutes I would have fallen down from pain so the amendment would have hit the declarations arse. Still, 24hours... not very long lived. Apple. Quick get safe food. Apple. Munch, munch, munch... wait, wait, wait. Still there. Still very much there.
Take them with some bready food - says mum - a thought that echoes in my head and gets louder and louder...
NO. I will not binge again. I will not self-destruct. But I need some bread of some sort, so what are we going to do about it, Mand. Think quick, your stomach is going through a shredder. Starbucks. GO GO GO. Prepackaged. Expensive. No binge. NO CHEESE. Chicken bagel. GO GO GO. Munch, munch, munch... watch man blowing massive bubbles in the street... wait... the shredder turns off, my stomach has been released from its torture chair, somewhat bruised but finger in tact. Of course now the food demons have been released. CONTROL THEM AMANDA, YOU HAVE EATEN. YOU HAVE EATEN ALREADY... Wander. Wander. Wander... THEY ARE BEHIND YOU, WATCH OUT. Walk, wander, walk... they creep up slowly.
.
I am in Monop'. There is an aisle of sandwiches, salads, cakes... all to eat on place. I cannot stop the thoughts. But one step at a time... I will control some of them. AMANDA IF YOU MUST - NO BREAD. NO MILKSHAKE. NO CAKE. Proceed.... Eyes crisscross the shelves... Light yogurt. Light orangina. Small prepacked risotto. Strawberry compote.
.
This brings today's calorie intake to...
apple - 100
drink - 20
yogurt - 65
risotto - 220
bagel - 450?
strawberry c - 80
TOTAL: 935 Kcal.
.
Now despite that this is 935 calories too many... it is the first day without a binge in a while. Does what I ate count as a binge? Because it wasn't totally controlled?
.
I have come to accept that not eating on antibiotics is an impossibility. I will end up disabled from the stomach down, in a wheelchair, twitching at the sight of medication. A new challenge is upon me. The control task: 1 bought skimmed milk and cereal (non-nut, SPECIAL K- MUCH lower in calories and fat and I binge on nuts... so that was never a good idea.) And the challenge I have set myself is to eat one bowl in the morning, and one bowl in the evening - in some sort of twisted extreme version of the Special K challenge. I have to try and control this because I have to eat for 5 days, so there is no point binging 5 times - I may as well try to get a hold of this horrendous soul destroying habit and tame it down. 2 bowls of cereal a day is not a normal amount to eat, Amanda. You are safe. You will lose weight. Do not worry. Do not go back to top up the cereal if milk is left in the bowl. Just drink the milk and leave the house.
.
Love from the somewhat sick but considerably better fishes that just sent a letter to America the day before a French post strike...

3 comments:

  1. 1. thank GOD you got that letter in the mail! i eagerly await!! yes yes yes!
    2. you are being very reasonable. you MUST eat with the antibiotics. you do not want to die of sepsis or whatever happens to your stomach when you don't eat and take antibiotics. this is sensible. eating in this case is good.
    3. i like your cereal 2x a day idea. it's necessary for the antibiotics and it will also help you with the fasting in between - if you are feeling like bingeing just remind yourself that you have a full bowl of cereal coming to you FOR FREE (emotionally, not in euros!) at the end of the day. so that gives you NO EXCUSE to binge in between times.
    4. YAY! i am a happier bunny today but still want to run through the forest and drink diet cokes and picnick. i am adding the k because i like it and i think it should be there in the verb form, don't you?
    5. special K is a wonderful cereal. i eat wheaties every morning for breakfast without fail. it is my constant. it is the reason i get up in the morning and the reason i am not cranky or falling over all day long. maybe you can establish a breakfast constant like this? i dont know if that would work for you. i love it.
    6. i am eating fresh-picked, unwashed strawberries and i am almost through my second pint and i am quite happy about that. except they are making my face hot. is this normal? i think it's kind of weird. like i eat one and then my face flushes with heat and then it fades away, and then i eat another strawberry and it happens again. if i am allergic to strawberries i will kill everyone. that will be the worst day of my life. let's just hope that's not what it is. eaugh.
    7. i forgot what i was going to write for 7.
    8. i also forgot if i was going to write anything for 8 or if i've just got some nice momentum going here. probably the momentum. i am distracted by my hot face.
    9. oh yes!! CONGRATS on the not bingeing! 935 is STILL a starvation diet so you are ok! do not worry!

    LOVE the fishes who will swum oceans to intercept the eagerly-anticipated letter if the post strike is holding it hostage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love that picture! <3 That is the evil bitch who sneers at me when I have my muesli for he multivits in the morning. . .

    I don't think that counts as a binge. You didn't flip out and hoover everything in sight! That was some extreme self-control hun! "Yes I will eat this and this. BUT ONLY THOSE GO AWAY EVIL DEMONS!!"

    *hugs* Hope you are feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. also i am fully comprehending that thing about eating turning that switch in your brain to ON. i was having a nice controlled strawberry-only sunday when all of a sudden something flipped and now i am a ravenous, raving beast. eating ten thousand things and trying not to care! eek! trying not to go buy ice cream and eat it and be sick! eeeek!

    so yeah, just wanted to let you know that I GET IT and I COMMISERATE. someday we will sit in cafes and sip coffee and gorge on NOTHING.

    LOVE xx

    ReplyDelete

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...