Monday, 7 September 2009

The dream, the day and the instrumental case

I must inform you of my disturbed dream:
I got killed by a vampire, who made me undress (I started off as an old man) and left with a t-shirt on told me I looked pale. I said I have been anorexic for 5 years. He said I hate anorexics - their skin is rubbery and their blood is old. Then he said, oh lets test it. Bit into me and said you are not anorexic and carried on to kill me. I wake up, forced to work in a gothic necklace selling shop with my killer, only to escape and walk around miserable for a while - I meet a man, he asks what is wrong, and discovers that my hands and my feet are broken. I am dead and the man who owns the shop is my killer. I return back to work, fiddling with necklaces when there is a mass bang on the wall. A dinosaur hits a hole so I can only see his eye and is very angry. He throws a chocolate bar through the hole and says how dare you not eat this. I run out and sit next to killer, whilst we try to chant the dinosaur away. It takes 2 bell dongs and a chant that I cannot remember exactly now.
.
Ok. Disturbed. My dreams hate me.
.
I went to sleep at 9pm... and slept until 5am and then until now - 8am. But I still have a headache despite drinking mass loads of water and taking the uh-may-zing panadol actifast.
.
Anise: Instrumental case denotes "by means of" when used alone - like I write with a pen in russian would be - I write penOM. If you use s it means with - but if meant for mostly animate things - so should only be used where "by means of" cannot be placed - I write by means of a pen makes sense, thus no s is added. It is also used after multiple prepositions. In Russian it occurs that the same preposition can take several cases - thus - s for example meaning with in the genitive case means from (but since -from, not from a person (present giving etc) from which is a different word). Infront of, behind, between, above, below and more take the instumental case AS LONG AS no movement is involved - where accusative would be used.
.
I will do the other case next post, because I have forgotten which one it is.
.
Eitherway, the inst. case is my all time fav in croatian and in russian. it is easy to decline and is very chanty - ima, ama at the end of plural adjs and nouns in russian for example. I love it.
.
I still weigh 52kg. This is a bonus. I reckon I am being too hard on myself. I mean, for all of september I have: 1-Fast, 2-900kcal, 3-BINGE BINGE, 4-1500 and 5- 150kcal. So it could be a lot worse really, couldn't it? I mean, yep... it could be BETTER... but it could be worse. I could have binged 5 days and weighed 55kg again this morning.
.
Love the in bed typing headache having fishes that are not sure what to do now!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely WISH that I had your capacity to remember such amazing dreams as this one. It's incredible. And I think I might steal it and write it into my journal or onto my wrist (because it would seem that I have a strange disorder where everything goes onto my arm). Your dreams are so vivid. And incredible. And something which the conscious mind would have trouble thinking up in a MILLION years!

    I believe that I cannot be happy unless I am commenting/reading your post. The happiness of my entire being depends on YOU.

    Not too much pressure, I hope!

    And you know what? We're basically the same weight! But you are one whole inch taller :( So technically, TECHNICALLY, I should be allowed to weigh less!

    So, LOVE, the fishes feeling frightened and jealous of your fabulous, far-fetched mind/dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap crazy crazy dream! it was vivid in my head as i was imagining it so i'm assuming it was so vivid for you that you thought it was real? SO much symbolism in there it's not funny and i'm sure you can work that all out on your own :D i had a dream once and here is what i wrote in one of my many notebooks (on computer) about it which i am going to cut and paste here because i am too lazy to describe it:

    (sorry that took longer than expected (because obviously you are watching the clock) becasuse it was in fact in a DIFFERENT computer-journal-file than i'd thought. here it is:)

    I slept with a pillow under my stomach so it would not cry out in the night. Still I dreamt of vampires and ripping out their hearts of gold, still beating metallically and slippery with sinew on the floor of the tub.

    anyway i wish i'd written more but for some reason your dream reminded me of that.

    i'm excited about the instrumental case. i was actually just looking into "by means of" in Latin last night - it is in the ablative case (which is the junk drawer of cases in Latin) with no specific preposition attached.
    yes little grammar lessons, yes!

    p.s. you are doing GREAT so far in septembre. too hard on yourself for sure! be nice to Six. she is a good person.

    love from the fishes fresh from sleep although you probably are close to bedtime, but they are not sure because they do not understand time zones

    ReplyDelete

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...