Monday, 14 September 2009

2468FFF? Thoughts please!!

I am somewhat running into despair over here in Paris, but I have been thinking and I have come up with some solutions. My body probably requires vitamins and stuff to heal, right? Binge of bread hardly carry nutrients - and if we consider what I have eaten in 6 weeks we will see that it is:
.
Bread
Fruit
Fruit Juice
Crisps
Icecream (ARGHHH) and Flan (ARGHHH) shhh
1 hot meal - Anidas lunch
Yogurt (3 times)
Healthy prepackaged pasta or couscous (about 6 times)
.
For 6 weeks this isn't masses of stuff really, right? Despite the bread binges, which by the way, I have a solution for too. Crisps are gone - I don't care about them anymore. But I think when my card gets here I am going to have to eat for a bit becasue 1)I have no energy 2)This is day 5 and I am dying over here 3)I need to heal and feel not sick and work. WORK!!!
.
So, how to do this and not binge? I know. I found the solution. Don't keep anything in my room - simple but seriously this took a while to come up with - Sophie (40yrs old ish, writer) who I am staying with is aware of everything, knows that the only thing that have been in the kitchen that I own is diet coke and fruit juice. So I said this morning whilst she was having breakfast: (In French) - You may have a shock soon because I have decided that I am fed up and that I am going to buy food for the fridge - I said this is a light hearted way and she giggled and said "thank you for warning me" Then offered me food there and then and I said no thank you (Hard to do I was hungry but I want to do this in a fully controlled, self-prescribed and no binge way).
.
BECAUSE: She knows I have an ED - If all the food I have is in the kitchen I can't binge because she will think - WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? When she sees all the food disappear in one day - I will be self conscious, the food wont be in my drawer (only soya bics this has happened with, I would like to add) and voilà - And I know it will be fine.
.
Is not being able to limit calories the most sustainable way to lose weight? If I can pick a number which is achievable? I was considering doing 2468 diet with no fasting for a while - that way settling my tummy back into it and being controlled and thus not gorging on food - good idea maybe? In which case fruit juice would not be an option.. Maybe OH IDEA - 2468FFF - F standing for fast and fruit (either solid or liquid)
.
I know I am controlled again now - it has clicked and I am not going over 8 stone again ... I am at goal 2 by the way :-) I am not getting fatter - I hope 2468FFF (my twist on 2468) WONT make me gain - it may at the start, but if today was a 2 day I cant get much for that.
.
OR maybe just a set number all the time - like 800kcal?
.
Here are the foods I was thinking of getting...
Muesli
Skimmed milk
Apricots
Apples
Peaches
Banana
Blueberries or raspberries
Orange soya biscuits
Oranges
Banana juice
Peach juice
Yogurt
.
To combat bread issues - part baked bread rolls. 150KCAL. Oh my god - warm bread, not ready to binge on... I am in love. MAYBE I can control this and decide to ignore the part baked rolls. I will think.
.
MAYBE it is best TO NOT HAVE A PLAN -and just try to eat little and controlled. Then I cant go breaking the plan?
.
Love from the fishes that are waiting for fish food to be dropped in the tank, but are uncertain of what to expect.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I am glad that you came up with the idea of eating all by yourself! I wanted to suggest it earlier because I was starting to get a little (lot!) worried about you with your lack of juice and stream of health issues but... I also didn't want to tempt you when you were so set on your juice fast.

    I think your list of foods sounds good. Perhaps if you add some vegetables to it too? Maybe some zucchini and carrot and capsicum and spinach for their vegetubbly vitamins.

    I'm afraid I don't have much to offer as far as which plan to go for though... I like plans over winging it though (that could be just me). Maybe if you have 800cal for a couple of days, and then try out 2468FF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multivitamins are GOD, especially while travelling.

    Everyone needs them, but if you restrict and/or fast you need them like oxygen!!

    If you don't have any yet get a good strong type. I get the ones with selenium/iodine, which NZ soils seriously lack :(

    Maybe lack of some vitamins/minerals causes the bread binges?

    May I suggest mustard for the list? It goes good on crackers and helps me beat my salty-food cravings :)

    <3 the fishies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i REALLY like the idea of picking a set number and sticking to it. 800 is a really really good number. honestly that's how i've been losing weight so quickly, is eating 800 calories a day. it's enough to eat healthy food (yogurts and museli and fruits and milk), it's enough to keep your metabolism going, and it's enough so that you can get vitamins and minerals to heal your aching body!
    ALSO, and here is the super-important part:your body will adjust to having the same amount every day, and because it's not a really low amount you won't be inclined to binge because your body won't be in starvation mode. (don't worry it's still considered a starvation diet!)

    honestly, eating 800-900 calories a day is how i've lost 18 lbs in 5 months. steadily. almost no gaining weight back in that time. ok?

    so please please do that. you will have enough brainpower for working and energy to boot and with 800 calories you will have flexibility--so you can start to really enjoy what you're eating without feeling guilty about it. that will help eliminate the binge too.

    2468FFF will just set you up to fail. i know this because i know you. in such a short time, yes, but think about it. you will wind up binging and changing the plan.

    800/day is i think a perfect idea. very stable. healthy enough to feed your brain and heal you and you will probably lose weight quicker in the long run and enough to prevent binges.

    also consider buying a loaf of dark bread or very grainy bread for your house. i find that if i have a loaf of pumpernickel at home i don't binge on it (white bread = bingebingebinge) and i am less inclined to buy baguettes when i'm out. maybe not for you? just a thought.

    also i will suggest beets! put them in a shallow dish of water on the stove and simmer away until they are soft, peel off the skins, and welcome to HEAVEN. amazing. lots of nutrients and low-cal. YUMM.

    ok? so go for 800/day? please? it is what has been keeping me sane all this time and i think you could benefit from some sanity too :D

    LOVE from fishes who are trying to think in French but just wind up thinking in "chemistrese", aka, STUPID significant figures and chemical formulas, which is fun in its own right but it ain't no french!

    ReplyDelete

If I put a shell to my ear, I can hear you typing...